If your goal is to lose body fat fast you need a simple but effective plan to follow. My 10 terrific tips will put you in the road to weight loss success. Your weight reflects your total calorie intake, the amount you exercise, and your metabolic rate, but the most important part of the equation by far is the composition of the food you eat. Here are some tips.
1. Reduce your carbohydrates. It is impossible to lose weight and keep it off without eating substantially fewer carbohydrates and particularly those which are high on the GIycemic index chart. The more processed the carbohydrate the higher the GI. That means white bread, cakes, candy, chocolate, biscuits, soda are all high GI. Most high GI foods are just empty calories. They add to your butt without adding to your health or nutrition. Worse still is the fact that that consuming high GI foods stimulates your appetite without satisfying your appetite. The result is that you eat more of the very foods you should be avoiding. Eating a low-carbohydrate, low-GI diet helps you control your appetite and reduce food cravings. Low GI foods are brown rice, wholewheat breads, wholemeal pastas. With low GI foods you feel fuller sooner, and you will find it easier to eat enough without overeating. Also you will have less temptation to snack between meals because your blood sugar will stay constant and not wildly fluctuate as it does with high GI foods. The goal is to keep your total carbohydrate intake to under 15% of your calories and eliminate all high-GI carbohydrates such as sugary foods, pastas, and breads. Lose candy, cakes and biscuits.
2. Watch your fat intake but don’t get paranoid about this. Foods high in fat have more calories per gram that carbohydrates and proteins - 9 calories per gram versus 4 for carbohydrates and protein but there is no real science behind the desperate attempts to reduce fat consumption. The more low fat foods we have introduced over the past decade, the fatter we have become as a nation! Also be very wary of low fat foods which are often packed with salt and sugar to replace the flavor that fat imparts. You need fats to absorb some vitamins and fats add flavor without actually making you fat. Avoid all trans fats such as found in potato chips which you shouldnt be eating anyway (See Number 1.)
3. Introduce more vegetables to your diet. Really focus on foods that have low caloric density (that is, low in calories but high in weight). The ideal category: low-starch vegetables, which have a low GIycemic index and are rich in valuable nutrients of all kinds, high in fiber, and filling. Even potatoes are good for you. Just dont slather them in cream and other junk. Plus they taste great on their own!
4. Include more fiber in your diet. Fruit is a great source of fiber, as are raw vegetables, freshly made carrot juice and so on. Try to eat at least 25 grams per day, including at least 10 grams of insoluble fiber. It will protect your heart and your bowels from disease.
5. Dont rush in and make radical changes to your diet. Nice and easy does it. If you make radical changes I will almost guarantee you’ll drop the diet and not the weight. Steqady progress in changing your diet is the key to successfully losing body fat. Weird and wonderful “food-combining” diets, fad diets etc only appear successful. You regain any lost weight almost as soon as you stop them because many of these miracle diets just dehydrate your body and you put the water back on very quickly. Your goal is a long term sustainable lifestyle change which you can enjoy for the rest of your life.
6. Aim for a healthy lifestyle and a healthy you, in which losing weight is one of the components, not the only one. Thin and flabby isn’t much more attractive than fat and flabby. Make health, not weight loss, your goal. If you set a healthy lifestyle as your goal, you are more likely to succeed in both improving your health and attaining permanent weight loss. Build steadily to a healthy lifestyle and the excess weight will drop away. Losing body fat is a long term goal, not a short term one.
7. Be relaxed about losing weight. Nothing will torpedo your efforts than being desperate to lose weight. You will count every ounce gained or lost and every calorie tht passes your lips. Of course its important, perhaps very important that you lose weight but if you become desperate it all just becomes hard work. Enjoy the journey. Admire your small achievements along the way. Reward your successes and dont sweat your small gains when they happen. Link your new lifestyle to positive emotions and the weight loss will be a bonus. It may take a little longer, but it will ensure that you’ll never have to lose weight again.
8. Understand that the weight loss will fluctuate from week to week. Some weeks it will seem to fall off, other weeks it takes a little longer. There are two factors at work here. To start with if you have included an exercise program, you will be gaining muscle and muscle weighs more than fat. That’s good news because the more muscle you have the faster your metabolism runs and the more body fat you’ll lose. Secondly hormonal changes, the time of the month if you are a woman, your own health or medication can all affect weight loss. Don’t be discouraged by what seems to be a slowdown. The main thing is that you are traveling in the right direction and the longer you travel in the right direction the more successful you will be in losing body fat.
9. Don’t starve yourself. The human body has an amazing built-in mechanism which detects a dramatic reduction in food intake and reads it as a stressor indicating a famine. Your body then goes into self-preservation mode and desperately holds on to every bit of nutrition you eat. The result is that losing body fat becomes impossible. The body guards itself starvation and you stay fat.
10. Eat breakfast. And a good breakfast at that. If you start the day with a good substantial breakfast containing whole grains, proteins and fats like porridge, whole wheat bread, even bacon (drained after cooking) and eggs, you won’t feel hungry until lunch. No breakfast sets you up for the munchies at morning tea and I guarantee you will eat junk and you will gain weight. Don’t get hung up on cholesterol in eggs by the way. There is no good science is saying eggs raise your cholesterol levels. This is looking more and more like another food myth.
Having a well-designed weight loss program is an essential tool to reaching your goal. It teaches you the right foods to eat, the right exercises to do and the right mental attitude to succeed. The plans with a meal planner are ideal because they simplify your weekly shopping and let you plan ahead the meals you will eat. Find a plan that works for you and stick with it. And never, never, never give up. Remember its always too early to quit.
About the Author:
Lyle Neander has thoroughly researched dozens of weight loss programs and found the most successful programs. You can find FREE weight loss information to download info at lose fat fast
. Lyle offers a great comparison website at great comparison website
. Successful weight loss is possible and painless. Life is so much better when you are slim and healthy.