Do you ever wake up in the morning looking like you went a few rounds with a prize fighter? No one wants to show their face to the world bearing dark under eye circles. Before reaching for the newest beauty treatment on the market, try to resolve the dilemma of the under eye circles with a natural remedy.
Why do we have to put up with under eye circles? Many people don′t know the causes. Not getting enough sleep is the first potential cause that comes to mind. Stress can bring on sleeplessness and other conditions that can lead to under eye circles. Dark circles are one sign that the body isn′t getting the time it needs while you sleep to repair itself.
Shedding tears of joy or sadness causes problems under the eyes. Tears are retained in the tissue and dark circles and puffiness result.
Here are a few ways to reduce that look without chemicals.
1. Cucumbers. Waste not, want not is the adage when it comes to natural beauty. Thin slices of cold cucumbers can be placed on the eyes for at least 10 minutes. The juice works as an astringent, removing excess fluid and lightening the area under the eyes. Don’t throw them away afterwards, though. Pop them in your mouth for a healthy snack.
2. Potato slices are good for under eye circles as well. Who ever heard of using potatoes? In old fashioned remedies, potatoes were used to draw out impurities. Here, use thin raw potato slices (washed first). Apply them to your eyes for about 20 minutes. The circles will get lighter.
3. Use mushy bananas. Food seems to be the order of the day as a natural remedy. Bananas contain potassium which is great for the body because it helps restore water balance. Take a ripe banana and mash it up. You can puree it in a blender for a smoother texture. Before going to bed, place some of the banana puree under your eyes like a cream. In the morning, the dark circles should be gone or greatly diminished.
4. Use chamomile tea bags to soothe the skin. The tea bags can be slightly warm (after you brew your tea) or cold. If you want them cold, allow them to cool and place them in a bag in the fridge for about 20 minutes. Cover your eyes with the tea bags for 10 minutes. See the circles begin to fade.
5. Water. Drinking water will never go out of style. Your body is 90 percent water. Dark circles can evolve from a poorly watered body. The usual daily dose is at least eight glasses. Drinking your water (flavored or plain) can stop dark circles in their tracks.
6. Change your diet. If you are not eating properly, your body will show it. Lack of vital nutrients and minerals can manifest itself with dark patches on your skin including under your eyes.
7. Lack of moisture can contribute to dark circles under the eyes. Natural moisturizers contain ingredients like avocado and almond (nuts contain Vitamin E). Cut out the middleman and use pure avocado or almond oil on the area.
Dark circles are horrid at any time. Try natural remedies to get rid of them.
Tags: beauty, Fitness, health, skin care, wellness, women
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.